1. “Crazy Stupid Love” duo John Requa and Glenn Ficarra will write, direct and produce a film based on the life of eccentric software pioneer John McAfee for Warner Bros. The screenplay will be based on Joshua Davis’ recent Wired Magazine article “John McAfee’s Last Stand”.
2. “Leaverage” co-creator Dean Devlin is hoping his recently axed series might be picked up by another network – or film studio. “We’re going to try to shop it around now and see if there is any other interest elsewhere,” the EP said. That elsewhere could include a feature film version of the drama. “That would be fun to do. That’s definitely a possibility,”.
3. “Rise of the Planet of the Apes” helmer Rupert Wyatt will direct the pilot for the AMC series “Turn”, ”set in the summer of 1778 and tells the story of New York farmer Abe Woodhull, who bands together with a group of childhood friends to form The Culper Ring, an unlikely group of spies who turn the tide in America’s fight for independence.”
4. Showtime has landed a new high-concept drama series, a psychological horror series featuring characters like Frankenstein, from “Skyfall” duo Sam Mendes and John Logan.
5. A new Andy Samberg starring cop sitcom has gotten the go-ahead at Fox.
6. The CW is plotting a “Vampire Diaries” spin-off called “The Originals”, which will feature Joseph Morgan and Phoebe Tonkin’s characters.
7. John Swetnam will write the screenplay for Universal’s “Step Up 5″.
8. Possibly the most uncomfortable interview with Quentin Tarantino yet…
9. Here’s the second trailer for “42” starring Harrison Ford.
10. The “S.H.I.E.L.D” TV series will be set after “The Avengers”, ABC prez Paul Lee says.