1. Steven Bochco has sold a pilot to TNT. “Murder in the First” “centers on two SFPD homicide inspectors as they investigate these murders, a Silicon Valley wunderkind who is a celebrated CEO of a cutting edge tech firm and prime suspect, and the defense attorney and prosecutors engaged in the high profile murder case. As the series unfolds, the investigations and the subsequent prosecutions will provide viewers with a window into the soul of modern justice in an increasingly complex world.”
2. Lifetime’s “Secret Lives of Wives” pilot, featuring Kim Raver (“Grey’s Anatomy”), isn’t going forward.
3. Promos for Jennifer Lawrence’s guest-spot on “Saturday Night Live” are online :
4. Brian De Palma and Al Pacino are re-teaming for ”Happy Valley”, a movie based on Penn State head football coach Joe Paterno.
5. Patrick Stewart, Carla Gugino and Matthew Lillard will star in “Match”, Stephen Belber’s film adaptation of his own play. ”Stewart plays a reclusive, eccentric Juilliard dance instructor and former choreographer, who is visited by a Seattle couple, (Gugino and Lillard) under the pretense of interviewing the dancer for her thesis on the New York dance movement in the 1960s. However, as the couple’s true intentions are revealed, he finds himself unable to dance around the impact of decisions he made long ago.”
6. Katie Finneran (“I Hate My Teenage Daughter”) has landed a co-starring role on Michael J.Fox’s new untitled sitcom. Finneran will play Mike’s on-screen sister.
7. Dr Oz, Rove McManus, Andrew Daddo and Tony Bonner will lend their voices to the Aussie CGI 3D animated film “Trouble Down Under” from director Steve Trenbirth.
8. Lifetime’s “Drop Dead Diva” has been axed after four seasons.
9. George Clooney/Sandra Bullock flick “Gravity” has been skedded for October 4, 2013.
10. Finally today, we say goodbye to actor Conrad Bain, star of TV’s “Diff’rent Strokes”, who has sadly passed away aged 89.