At a critics’ screening of the “American Horror Story : Asylum” finale tonight, series creator Ryan Murphy offered up a few nuggets about the cabler’s third season.
Firstly, “American Horror Story” staples Evan Peters and Sarah Paulson will join returning headline-act Jessica Lange for the next season, said to be one of a more ‘romantic’ nature.
As for what the new season will be about, Murphy said (according to TV Line) :
– The storyline will consist of “something funnier” because he missed what Jessica Lange’s Constance brought to Season 1.
– Lange is returning partly because Murphy promised her “hair and makeup and the best designer gowns ever” after she had to be so dressed down this season. Her character is described as “a glamour cat leading lady.”
– Season 3 will be “more historical in nature” and have a “different tone” than Season 2. But, says Murphy, “That’s the joy of the show.” It will also take place in modern day, but just like past seasons, we will see different “time periods” and “there [will] also be different cities.”
– In addition to AHS vets Lange, Paulson and Peters, “We want to have some new people come in and some [Season 1] people come back.” As for the new people, Murphy says he is looking to cast “actors Jessica wanted to work with.”
– Peters will “probably go back to playing a sobbing psychopath.”
– Regarding Paulson, “I know who [she’s] playing,” Murphy stated, before adding with a laugh, “She does not.”
On Twitter, Murphy says three clues as to where the new season will be going were offered up in last night’s penultimate episode of the season. Assumingly, he’s referring to the Southern setting.
- Sandi has fallen for TV’s The Fall - June 25, 2013
- Exclusive : Hasselhoff wants to team with Weinstein’s on Knight Rider movie - April 23, 2013
- Exclusive : Flash Gordon’s back for Ted 2 - April 23, 2013
- What did we learn at Gold Coast Supanova? - April 23, 2013
- Moviehole at SupaNova Gold Coast : Sushi Girl Panel - April 20, 2013
- Jurassic Park 3D - April 4, 2013
- ‘Jurassic Park 3D’ Review : Now with Extra Scariness! - April 4, 2013
- Seth Rogen and James Franco may reunite for The Interview - March 21, 2013
- Bob Newhart to appear on The Big Bang Theory - March 21, 2013
- Endless Love remake finds it’s leads - March 21, 2013