Love Dennis Quaid. Whether he’s playing over-the-top goofballs like Tuck Pendelton in “Innerspace” or Jerry Lee Lewis in “Great Balls of Fire!” or going dead-on serious for, say, “Wyatt Earp” or “Any Given Sunday” – and despite how mediocre the film’s built around those performances may be – he’s always solid. I’d watch him climb a tree. The guy is that good. I really need to watch more episodes of “Vegas” – Quaid’s new TV offering, though – I’ve only seen a couple. Having a kid and a demanding day job deters religious-watching of series.
Quaid’s latest is “At Any Price”, a “Places in the Heart”-style drama that teams Randy’s bro with Zac Efron. The Sony Pictures classic yarn, with Ramin Bahrani serving as director, tells of a family growing up in Midwest farm country. Heather Graham (been a while since she’s been in decent-ville, right?), Kim Dickens (“Friday Night Lights”) and Maika Monroe co-star in the father-son tale.
The flick opens April 26. Here’s the trailer.
- Two more ID4 stars back for sequel! - April 18, 2015
- New Jurassic World poster Tweeted! - April 18, 2015
- X-Men : Till returns, Munn teases costume - April 18, 2015
- Ridley, Marvel working on new superhero series - April 18, 2015
- Parenthood may return as limited series - April 18, 2015
- Dominic Cooper is AMC’s Preacher - April 18, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Batman v Superman : Dawn of Justice - April 18, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : The Gallows - April 17, 2015
- Meade, Heizer, Lewis and more board Nerve - April 17, 2015
- Justice League : Gods & Monsters trailer! - April 17, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.