Another win for Aussie actor Ben Mendelsohn who, on the success of his recent turns in U.S blockbuster “The Dark Knight Rises” and Brad Pitt-starring “Killing Them Softly”, has been cast opposite Jake Gyllenhaal in “Mississippi Grind”, according to Deadline.
The Megan Ellison-financed film, written and directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, sees Gyllenhaal and Mendelsohn play ”unlikely gamblers on a winning streak who head to New Orleans and along the way encounter old flames, loan sharks and some bad bets, but ultimately discover what’s really important in their lives.”
Emmett/Furla have part-financed the film, which Gyllenhaal will also produce.
In addition to “Mississippi Grind”, Mendelsohn is also amongst the cast of Ryan Gosling’s upcoming directorial debut “How to Catch a Monster”.
- Kate Winslet’s next Job may be with Boyle - December 21, 2014
- Two new posters come into Focus - December 21, 2014
- Mike Myers resurrects Dr. Evil - December 21, 2014
- ‘Ross’ from Friends defends O.J Simpson - December 21, 2014
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014