Another win for Aussie actor Ben Mendelsohn who, on the success of his recent turns in U.S blockbuster “The Dark Knight Rises” and Brad Pitt-starring “Killing Them Softly”, has been cast opposite Jake Gyllenhaal in “Mississippi Grind”, according to Deadline.
The Megan Ellison-financed film, written and directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, sees Gyllenhaal and Mendelsohn play ”unlikely gamblers on a winning streak who head to New Orleans and along the way encounter old flames, loan sharks and some bad bets, but ultimately discover what’s really important in their lives.”
Emmett/Furla have part-financed the film, which Gyllenhaal will also produce.
In addition to “Mississippi Grind”, Mendelsohn is also amongst the cast of Ryan Gosling’s upcoming directorial debut “How to Catch a Monster”.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015