Another win for Aussie actor Ben Mendelsohn who, on the success of his recent turns in U.S blockbuster “The Dark Knight Rises” and Brad Pitt-starring “Killing Them Softly”, has been cast opposite Jake Gyllenhaal in “Mississippi Grind”, according to Deadline.
The Megan Ellison-financed film, written and directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, sees Gyllenhaal and Mendelsohn play ”unlikely gamblers on a winning streak who head to New Orleans and along the way encounter old flames, loan sharks and some bad bets, but ultimately discover what’s really important in their lives.”
Emmett/Furla have part-financed the film, which Gyllenhaal will also produce.
In addition to “Mississippi Grind”, Mendelsohn is also amongst the cast of Ryan Gosling’s upcoming directorial debut “How to Catch a Monster”.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015