Renny Harlin (“Mindhunters”, “Deep Blue Sea”) will return to the big leagues, directing Millennium’s “Hercules 3D”.
The Hollywood Reporter says the $70 million dollar movie, set to film in Bulgaria, has eight juicy lead roles up for grabs. The picture is due for release next year.
Sean Hood and Hanna Weg wrote the script.
“It’s not a comic book, cartoony fantasy thing,” Harlin says. “It’s closer to Gladiator than flying horses.”
Of the competing “Hercules” project, directed by Brett Ratner and starring Dwayne Johnson, Harlin said : “I think these are very different kinds of movies in their approach to this legendary character. Obviously, Hercules has been portrayed in many different films, such as the Disney animated movie. I wish them luck. Ancient Greek mythology is an endless source of good stories … Let’s see both movies be successful.”
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015