Renny Harlin (“Mindhunters”, “Deep Blue Sea”) will return to the big leagues, directing Millennium’s “Hercules 3D”.
The Hollywood Reporter says the $70 million dollar movie, set to film in Bulgaria, has eight juicy lead roles up for grabs. The picture is due for release next year.
Sean Hood and Hanna Weg wrote the script.
“It’s not a comic book, cartoony fantasy thing,” Harlin says. “It’s closer to Gladiator than flying horses.”
Of the competing “Hercules” project, directed by Brett Ratner and starring Dwayne Johnson, Harlin said : “I think these are very different kinds of movies in their approach to this legendary character. Obviously, Hercules has been portrayed in many different films, such as the Disney animated movie. I wish them luck. Ancient Greek mythology is an endless source of good stories … Let’s see both movies be successful.”
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015