Hot on the heels of news yesterday that Yoda might get his own “Star Wars” spin-off movie, Disney have confirmed – though I thought they already had? – that they’re indeed doing stand-alone films outside of the new Skywalker-saga trilogy.
Disney’s head-honcho Bob Iger did an interview with CNBC after The Walt Disney Company released its latest earnings report, and mentioned that Simon Kinberg (“Mr & Mrs Smith”) and Lawrence Kasdan (“The Empire Strikes Back”) are writing stand-alone “Star Wars” films. He didn’t say what they were – but he did say that the films will be based on characters outside of the “Star Wars” series, so where does this ‘Yoda’ rumour fit in then?
Also in the interview, which you can hear below, Iger says the new “Star Wars” sequel trilogy will kick-off in 2015 – with J.J Abrams’ “Star Wars : Episode VII” – concluding six years later. The stand-alone “Star Wars” films would fill in the gaps so that, essentially, there will be a “Star Wars” movie on screens every year.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015