A couple of days ago it was revealed that a ‘Yoda’ movie was one of the possibilities being discussed by those involved in the newly-announced stand-alone “Star Wars” movies (these will be produced in addition to a new “Star Wars” sequel trilogy, beginning 2015), films that would be set outside of the best-known story, the Skywalker saga.
Today, word on two other characters from the ‘Wars’ that might get their own movie.
We’ve heard the Boba Fett one before, because “Captain America” helmer Joe Johnston has mentioned he’s pitched it to Lucasfilm in the past, but EW‘s report is the first we’ve heard that it’s a bonafide possibility. The Bobba Fett movie – based on a character played by Jeremy Bulloch in the original trilogy – would be set somewhere between Episodes 4, 5 and 6 (Fett met his maker in “Return of the Jedi”).
The Han Solo movie is a new one. The film would be set between the events of “Revenge of the Sith” and “A New Hope”, and center on a ‘young’ Han Solo – not to be played by Harrison Ford, obviously.
Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg are involved in the spin-off projects, but it’s not known who is working on which one.
So, that’s a ‘Yoda’ movie, a ‘Han Solo’ movie, and a ‘Boba Fett’ movie. I think there’ll be enough “Star Wars” around, over the coming years, to keep any chirpy, cheeky Skywalker-loving movie webmaster happy (though, no doubt, this is only going to lead to more toys in his office – and that’s the last thing they need.) – and no doubt bouncing in their seat at the first screening.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015