Seems the shoe fits both Elizabeth Banks and Kristen Stewart, with the actresses signging on for Steven Shainberg’s ”The Big Shoe”, which European outfit HanWay films is shopping to foreign buyers at the European Film Market in Berlin.
The Hollywood Reporter says “Hunger Games” star Banks and “Twilight” star Stewart will star opposite Jim Sturgess (“Across the Universe”) in the Mad Chance Productions’ feature.
Sturgess plays “a gifted shoe designer forced to break free from a family that wants to turn his beautiful designs into mass-produced knock-offs for a quick buck. The family hires psychotherapist Mary Kay (Banks) and “muse” Delphi (Stewart) to lure Nate back to work.”
“The Big Shoe gives me the opportunity to explore a playful, romantic, sexy, intimate connection just as Secretary did,” Shainberg said. “Not since that film have I had a script that combines eroticism and humor in such a fun way. This is a script dear to my heart, and I intend to make a truly unique film from it.”
Added HanWay’s Thorsten Schumacher: “The director of Secretary making a film about shoes, fashion and fetishism was a must-have item for our team, and to have such a stellar cast on board will make it a great fit for distributors. Georgina Goodman’s incredible designs threaten to steal every scene they’re in, so we’ll see plenty of great marketing possibilities for the film.”
Director Shainberg gave Maggie Gyllenhaal her big-screen break with “Secretary”, a few years back.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015