A remake of “How The Grinch Stole Christmas” is in the works, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The previous film version of the Dr Seuss classic, released in 2000, was directed by Ron Howard and starred Jim Carrey as the green-skinned yuletide loather.
This new version, produced by Universal and Illumination, will be a 3D animated feature.
Commercials director Peter Candeland will direct the film, with Illumination CEO Chris Meledandri (“Dr Seuss’ Horton Hears a Who”) and Audrey Geisel, widow of Dr. Seuss author Theodor Geisel, producing.
No word yet on who’ll voice ‘The Grinch’.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014