A remake of “How The Grinch Stole Christmas” is in the works, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The previous film version of the Dr Seuss classic, released in 2000, was directed by Ron Howard and starred Jim Carrey as the green-skinned yuletide loather.
This new version, produced by Universal and Illumination, will be a 3D animated feature.
Commercials director Peter Candeland will direct the film, with Illumination CEO Chris Meledandri (“Dr Seuss’ Horton Hears a Who”) and Audrey Geisel, widow of Dr. Seuss author Theodor Geisel, producing.
No word yet on who’ll voice ‘The Grinch’.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015