“Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure” helmer Stephen Herek will direct Kathy Bates and Danny Glover in a film adaptation of Katherine Paterson’s novel “The Great Gilly Hopkins”.
Deadline, who have the news on the film transfer, say it’s “the story of a wisecracking girl who moves from foster home to foster home until she lands at the house of the weird Maime Trotter (Bates).”
The role of the young girl is yet to be cast.
Paterson also wrote “Bridge to Terabithia”, which resulted in a terrific little movie a couple of years back.
- Mike Colter confirmed as Luke Cage - December 23, 2014
- First look : The Man from U.N.C.L.E - December 22, 2014
- Mark Hamill on his Trickster reprisal - December 22, 2014
- Kate Winslet’s next Job may be with Boyle - December 21, 2014
- Two new posters come into Focus - December 21, 2014
- Mike Myers resurrects Dr. Evil - December 21, 2014
- ‘Ross’ from Friends defends O.J Simpson - December 21, 2014
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014