“Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure” helmer Stephen Herek will direct Kathy Bates and Danny Glover in a film adaptation of Katherine Paterson’s novel “The Great Gilly Hopkins”.
Deadline, who have the news on the film transfer, say it’s “the story of a wisecracking girl who moves from foster home to foster home until she lands at the house of the weird Maime Trotter (Bates).”
The role of the young girl is yet to be cast.
Paterson also wrote “Bridge to Terabithia”, which resulted in a terrific little movie a couple of years back.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015