Christopher Kyle (“K:19 : The Widowmaker”) has been assigned the task of scribing an adaptation of Leigh Bardugo’s young adult novel “Shadow and Bone” for DreamWorks.
The David Heyman and Jeffrey Clifford produced film is based on the first book in a proposed trilogy.
The Hollywood Reporter says :
The first book of the intended trilogy takes place in a land under attack by a swath of darkness filled with creatures that feast on human flesh. A young woman discovers she has a dormant power that could be a key to turning the tide and is taken to be trained by her country’s magical elite.
The book was published last June, by September DreamWorks had the film rights.
Look out “Hunger Games”! “Twilight”!
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014