Christopher Kyle (“K:19 : The Widowmaker”) has been assigned the task of scribing an adaptation of Leigh Bardugo’s young adult novel “Shadow and Bone” for DreamWorks.
The David Heyman and Jeffrey Clifford produced film is based on the first book in a proposed trilogy.
The Hollywood Reporter says :
The first book of the intended trilogy takes place in a land under attack by a swath of darkness filled with creatures that feast on human flesh. A young woman discovers she has a dormant power that could be a key to turning the tide and is taken to be trained by her country’s magical elite.
The book was published last June, by September DreamWorks had the film rights.
Look out “Hunger Games”! “Twilight”!
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015