Christopher Kyle (“K:19 : The Widowmaker”) has been assigned the task of scribing an adaptation of Leigh Bardugo’s young adult novel “Shadow and Bone” for DreamWorks.
The David Heyman and Jeffrey Clifford produced film is based on the first book in a proposed trilogy.
The Hollywood Reporter says :
The first book of the intended trilogy takes place in a land under attack by a swath of darkness filled with creatures that feast on human flesh. A young woman discovers she has a dormant power that could be a key to turning the tide and is taken to be trained by her country’s magical elite.
The book was published last June, by September DreamWorks had the film rights.
Look out “Hunger Games”! “Twilight”!
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015