KaDee Strickland, who for the past six seasons has played Charlotte King on the recently-canned “Private Practice”, has joined the cast of NBC’s new drama pilot “Bloodline”.
The Hollywood Reporter says Strickland will play the main character’s mother on the show.
The contemporary pulp thriller revolves around an young orphan girl named Bird Benson (The Nine Lives of Chloe King’s Skyler Samuels), who because of an accident of birth is caught in the struggle between two warring families of mercenaries and killers. Mentored by a Chinese man, Bird has to accept the quest to find and defeat her mother in mortal combat if she is to ever lead a normal life.
Strickland will play Stella Killpriest, Bird’s mother. She’s described as a loose cannon with an epic attachment disorder who is one of the twin pillars of the series. Stella has been raised in a family descended from an ancient line of killers, brigands and mercenaries. The culture within the family puts women last — and that doesn’t sit well with Stella, who is a warrior in her own right and tired of being controlled.
As previously reported, Jonathan Banks is also onboard the show, playing Bird’s grandfather.
Filmmaker Peter Berg (“Battleship”) will executive produce the pilot, and direct.
- Sandi has fallen for TV’s The Fall - June 25, 2013
- Exclusive : Hasselhoff wants to team with Weinstein’s on Knight Rider movie - April 23, 2013
- Exclusive : Flash Gordon’s back for Ted 2 - April 23, 2013
- What did we learn at Gold Coast Supanova? - April 23, 2013
- Moviehole at SupaNova Gold Coast : Sushi Girl Panel - April 20, 2013
- Jurassic Park 3D - April 4, 2013
- ‘Jurassic Park 3D’ Review : Now with Extra Scariness! - April 4, 2013
- Seth Rogen and James Franco may reunite for The Interview - March 21, 2013
- Bob Newhart to appear on The Big Bang Theory - March 21, 2013
- Endless Love remake finds it’s leads - March 21, 2013