Minnie Driver will co-star in the NBC comedy “About a Boy”, based on the book – later turned into a film with Hugh Grant – of the same name, reports Deadline.
The “Circle of Friends” and “Good Will Hunting” actress will play the mother of the title character.
Written by from Friday Night Lights and Parenthood executive producer Jason Katims, and directed by Revolution’s Jon Favreau, About A Boy follows the relationship between Will (David Walton), a bachelor man-child who is going through a revolving door of women, and the young boy who moves in next door with his kooky single mother, Fiona (Driver). The role was played by Toni Collette in the movie.
“Iron Man” director Jon Favreau directs the pilot.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015