Clint and I were just discussing “The Hunger Games” this morning, having teed up an at-home double feature session of it and one of his other recent favourites (one without bows and arrows, mind you), “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo”. And what’s got me excited, personally, is the prospect of not only catching some footage from the upcoming sequel, “Catching Fire” – and soon! – but attending the lavish opening, mingling with fans and those involved in the literary classic turned film fantastic, towards the end of the year. It’s a big year for ‘brand’ movies – Superman, Iron Man, The Hobbit – and “Hunger Games : Catching Fire” is tracking ahead of most of them. Very cool!
It’s early to be talking about “Mockingjay”, the third (and fourth; since it’ll be a two-parter) in the “Hunger Games” series, but with time getting away from us every second, it’ll be here before we know it.
Danny Strong, an old friend of the website, and a face recognizable to “Buffy, the Vampire Slayer” and “Gilmore Girls” fans, is writing the two-part “Mockingjay” movie. Lionsgate, says THR, excised it’s option on Strong to follow-up his writing duties on “Mockingjay Part 1″ with “Part 2″, it was reported this morning. This suggests that the studio are very happy with the award-winning writer’s screenplay for “Mockingjay Part 1″.
It’s unclear how the book will be split, but “Catching Fire” director Francis Lawrence is said to be resuming his title on the films – so it’ll be up to him to figure that out.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015