Though most Bond films have a different director each time out, “Skyfall” director Sam Mendes looks to return for the next one, the 24th in the 007 series.
Seemingly ecstatic with the job he did on the 2012 blockbuster, and assumingly Mendes is excited by the proposition of reuniting with 007, The Daily Mail says the filmmaker is “75% likely” to return for another.
It was originally suggested that James Bond 24 and 25 were to be a two-parter (much like “Casino Royale” and “Quantum of Solace”) but Mendes, and writer John Logan (“Skyfall”), have nixed that plan. The next, like the most recent in the series, will feature a stand-alone story.
Mendes is busy with theater, so it’s likely if he does sign on to direct Bond 24 the studio will have to move the film off it’s fall 2014 release date.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014