Though most Bond films have a different director each time out, “Skyfall” director Sam Mendes looks to return for the next one, the 24th in the 007 series.
Seemingly ecstatic with the job he did on the 2012 blockbuster, and assumingly Mendes is excited by the proposition of reuniting with 007, The Daily Mail says the filmmaker is “75% likely” to return for another.
It was originally suggested that James Bond 24 and 25 were to be a two-parter (much like “Casino Royale” and “Quantum of Solace”) but Mendes, and writer John Logan (“Skyfall”), have nixed that plan. The next, like the most recent in the series, will feature a stand-alone story.
Mendes is busy with theater, so it’s likely if he does sign on to direct Bond 24 the studio will have to move the film off it’s fall 2014 release date.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015