Alex Karpovsky Talks ‘Rubberneck,’ ‘Red Flag,’ and Working With Lena Dunham on ‘Girls’
Alex Karpovsky, known for his role as the brutally honest barista, Ray, in the hit HBO series “Girls,” is an emerging talent to watch.
The accomplished writer/director/actor is set to release two new films on February 22. “Rubberneck,” which debuted at the Tribeca Film Festival last year, centers on a man who harbors an unsettling obsession with his co-worker (Jaime Ray Newman). The haunting thriller’s riveting premise and thought provoking conclusion are a testament to the Brooklynite’s tremendous talent.
The off-beat comedy “Red Flag” offers a stark contrast to “Rubberneck.” Seemingly influenced by the mumblecore sub-genre, the heartfelt indie focuses on a filmmaker who travels the country promoting his work while trying to burry the pain of a recent breakup.
Moviehole had the chance to chat with Karpovsky about his creative process, the film festival circuit, and how meeting Lena Dunham led to being on “Girls.”
“Rubberneck” and “Red Flag” will play at the Elinor Bunin Munroe Film Center as a double feature starting on February 22, but also will be available On Demand starting on February 19.
Photo Credit: Tribeca Films
- Ryan Gosling, Kristin Scott Thomas, Nicolas Winding Refn - July 24, 2013
- Moviehole talks to Ryan Gosling about Only God Forgives and Internet Memes - July 24, 2013
- MH at the premiere of Epic - May 27, 2013
- Isla Fisher & Joel Edgerton - May 15, 2013
- Isla Fisher & Joel Edgerton talk Great Gatsby with MH - May 15, 2013
- Carey Mulligan - May 13, 2013
- Carey Mulligan talks to Moviehole about The Great Gatsby - May 13, 2013
- Joachim Rønning & Espen Sandberg - April 26, 2013
- Pål Sverre Hagen - April 26, 2013
- Kate Hudson & Riz Ahmed - April 25, 2013