1. Kevin Zegers (“Transamerica”) has joined the cast of “The Curse of Downer’s Grove”, the supernatural thriller about a paranoid teen whose convinced a curse is responsible for killing one teen each year.
2. Intandem CEO Gary Smith is stepping down, in light of some problems facing the production company. The shingle’s “10 Things I Hate About Life”, starring Hayley Atwell and Evan Rachel-Wood, has been postponed.
3. Tom Mison (“Salmon Fishing in the Yemen”) has been cast as Ichabod Crane in the ‘Sleepy Hollow’ series Fox is putting together. The pilot, written by Bob Orci, Alex Kurtzman and Phillip Iscove, follows “Ichabod Crane (Mison) as he partners with Sleepy Hollow’s Detective Abbie Archer (Nicole Beharie) to solve the mysteries of a town ravaged by the battle between good and evil. A captain from the Revolutionary War where he takes off a horseman’s head, Ichabod gets time warped into present day where he is confused by the modern technology but turns out to be a great detective once his enemy, The Headless Horseman, comes back to haunt the town.”
4. Laura Ramsey (“The Ruins”) will play the lead in “The Sixth Gun”, the new NBC series based on the graphic novels. The show’s “a supernatural Western which follows the story of six mythical guns, each with its own other-worldly powers. When the Sixth Gun, the most powerful and dangerous of the group, resurfaces in the hands of an innocent girl, a farmer’s daughter named Becky Montcrief (Ramsey), dark forces reawaken. Vile men, long thought dead, set their sights on retrieving the gun and killing Becky. ” W. Earl Brown (”Deadwood”), Graham McTavish (”The Hobbit”) and Aldis Hodge (”Leverage”) also star.
5. Kathy Bates (“Misery”) will play the villain in the third season of “American Horror Story”. Bates will play a friend turned enemy to Jessica Lange’s character on the FX spookfest.
6. A “Dora the Explorer” spin-off, for the pre-school market , is in the works.
7. “Hobbit” star Lee Pace is set to star in the ’80s Computer Drama “Halt and Catch Fire” alongside Mackenzie Davis. The drama “revolves around the personal computing boom and is told through the eyes of a visionary and an engineer and prodigy whose innovations directly confront the corporate behemoths of the time. Their partnership will be challenged by greed and ego while charting the changing culture in Texas’ Silicon Prairie.”
8. “Twilight” star Cam Gigandet will star in CBS’s “Reckless”, alongside Michael Gladis. “The sultry legal show is set in Charleston, S.C., where a gorgeous Yankee litigator and a Southern city attorney struggle to hide their intense attraction while clashing over a police sex scandal. Gigandet will play Roy, the city attorney. He’s described as a liberal Renaissance man and father of two. His wife, Scottie, recently left him for a Florida developer and has taken their two children with him. He surfs, loves skateboarding and hip-hop but also fishes, hunts and collects guns.” (UPDATE : “Almost Famous” star Patrick Fugit has also been cast; he’s playing the lead role).
9. Martin Short is nearing a deal to play a game show host in the new Lorne Michaels sitcom, starring John Mulaney. “The ensemble comedy was created, written by and stars stand-up comedian Mulaney and is based loosely on his life.
Short will play Mulaney’s boss Lou Cannon. He’s a game show host, and Mulaney writes jokes for him.” The show will air on NBC. In other casting news, Brittany Snow (“Pitch Perfect”) will play the female lead in “To My Future Assistant”, a Fox sitcom alongside Catherine O’Hara, and Ben Stiller will reprise his role as magician ‘Tony Wonder’ for an episode of Netflix’s “Arrested Development”.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.