The truth is out there, and is set to take us on some new and exciting adventures with Mulder and Scully at the helm!
Following up to previous exciting news that ‘The X-Files’ is coming back in June 2013 in comic book form, it has been announced over the weekend that the series creator, Chris Carter is going to be coming on board to be executive producer of the comic series, which is being labelled ‘Season 10’.
What’s that?! An X-Files Season 10 you say?! Delivered in comic book form? Geektastic!
In exclusive news out of this past weekend’s ‘Emerald City Comic Con’, IDW Publishing and Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products announced that entire project will be overseen by Carter.
The following is from IDW’s Chief Creative Officer/Editor in Chief, Chris Ryall. “It was already an incredibly exciting prospect to tell stories set after the second The X-Files movie, especially after Joe Harris worked up such a great plan in that regard. But my excitement level went off the charts after a meeting with Chris Carter, where he agreed to come aboard and executive produce our Season 10. In much the same way Joss Whedon steered our ‘Angel: After the Fall’ series, Chris has graciously returned to do the same here. What do The X-Files look like in this increasingly paranoid and untrusting post-Wikileaks era? Well, they look like canon to me… and come June, the rest of the world will be able to see it for themselves, too.”
Comicbookcritic.net have also said “Prepare to revisit familiar faces—some very unexpected, threats old and new, and an intriguing mystery designed to return the beloved franchise to its former glory!”
The first issue will be available on newsstands on June 19th 2013, which might I add is 15 years to the day that ‘The X-Files: Fight The Future’ first appeared on silver screens across the United States.
New stories? Post X-Files 2. Canon to the mythology and series. Does anyone else suspect that this is headed towards the greenlight for X-Files 3? I don’t know about everyone else, but my gut instinct tells me that it’s coming. So many series these days are evolving from comics and graphic novels, and it seems to me like it would be a natural progression!
- Sandi has fallen for TV’s The Fall - June 25, 2013
- Exclusive : Hasselhoff wants to team with Weinstein’s on Knight Rider movie - April 23, 2013
- Exclusive : Flash Gordon’s back for Ted 2 - April 23, 2013
- What did we learn at Gold Coast Supanova? - April 23, 2013
- Moviehole at SupaNova Gold Coast : Sushi Girl Panel - April 20, 2013
- Jurassic Park 3D - April 4, 2013
- ‘Jurassic Park 3D’ Review : Now with Extra Scariness! - April 4, 2013
- Seth Rogen and James Franco may reunite for The Interview - March 21, 2013
- Bob Newhart to appear on The Big Bang Theory - March 21, 2013
- Endless Love remake finds it’s leads - March 21, 2013