Kelly Preston (“Twins”, “For the Love of the Game”) will star in a new ABC Comedy pilot called “Keep Calm and Karey On”.
The Hollywood Reporter says the show centers on the “straight” sibling in a family of crooks.
The single-camera comedy centers on Karey, the clean-nosed black sheep in a family of petty thieves, drug addicts and narcissists. When her brother is sent to prison, she decides to raise his kids along with her adopted African-American son and give them the normal lives they deserve.
Preston will star as Karey, a vibrant mother to three adopted kids — including two from her screw-up brother — who is overwhelmed in her quest to be a good parent to the needy flock who don’t always want or respect her input.
Jane Seymour is playing Preston’s mother Dotty, while “Roswell” star Majandra Delfino is Penny, the sister.
Andrea Abbate, of “Accidentally on Purpose”, wrote the pilot.
Wonder if Preston’s husband John Travolta will cameo!?
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014
- Spielberg selects BFG‘s Sophie - December 16, 2014
- Mad Men alum joins Cameron Crowe series - December 16, 2014
- Heche, Riggle join Topher Grace musical - December 16, 2014
- More Batman v Superman spoilers! - December 16, 2014