Former “Felicity” star Keri Russell, who in recent years has made a splashy comeback thanks to showy roles in “Mission Impossible III”, “Waitress” and the new series “The Americans”, has landed the female lead in “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes”, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The movie, a sequel to “Rise of the Planet of the Apes”, reunites Russell with “Felicity” co-creator Matt Reeves, who is directing.
Set fifteen years after the last movie, with San Francisco now overrun by Apes (Caesar heading the charge), the film stars Andy Serkis, Jason Clarke and Kodi Smit-McPhee.
No word on Russell’s character but the film reportedly involves a group of scientists so she’s likely playing one.
“Dawn of the Planet of the Apes” is out May 23, 2014.
- First look : The Man from U.N.C.L.E - December 22, 2014
- Mark Hamill on his Trickster reprisal - December 22, 2014
- Kate Winslet’s next Job may be with Boyle - December 21, 2014
- Two new posters come into Focus - December 21, 2014
- Mike Myers resurrects Dr. Evil - December 21, 2014
- ‘Ross’ from Friends defends O.J Simpson - December 21, 2014
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014