Former “Felicity” star Keri Russell, who in recent years has made a splashy comeback thanks to showy roles in “Mission Impossible III”, “Waitress” and the new series “The Americans”, has landed the female lead in “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes”, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The movie, a sequel to “Rise of the Planet of the Apes”, reunites Russell with “Felicity” co-creator Matt Reeves, who is directing.
Set fifteen years after the last movie, with San Francisco now overrun by Apes (Caesar heading the charge), the film stars Andy Serkis, Jason Clarke and Kodi Smit-McPhee.
No word on Russell’s character but the film reportedly involves a group of scientists so she’s likely playing one.
“Dawn of the Planet of the Apes” is out May 23, 2014.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015