Former “Felicity” star Keri Russell, who in recent years has made a splashy comeback thanks to showy roles in “Mission Impossible III”, “Waitress” and the new series “The Americans”, has landed the female lead in “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes”, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The movie, a sequel to “Rise of the Planet of the Apes”, reunites Russell with “Felicity” co-creator Matt Reeves, who is directing.
Set fifteen years after the last movie, with San Francisco now overrun by Apes (Caesar heading the charge), the film stars Andy Serkis, Jason Clarke and Kodi Smit-McPhee.
No word on Russell’s character but the film reportedly involves a group of scientists so she’s likely playing one.
“Dawn of the Planet of the Apes” is out May 23, 2014.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015