The “Poltergeist” remake has found its father (albeit a slightly less eerie one to the old, prying Freeling-beseeching chap they called ‘Kane’ in the “Poltergeist” sequel), according to Deadline.
Gil Kenan, director of the CGI family comedy “Monster House”, has been tapped to direct MGM’s long-gestating reboot of the Tobe Hooper horror classic.
Kenan’s hiring suggests a slightly watered-down take on the haunted house – or ‘Monster House’ – scenario that actors Heather O’Rourke, Craig T.Nelson and JoBeth Williams played off in the original. Or does it? Sam Raimi’s shingle is producing and they’ve pretty much concerned themselves with doing hardcore horror flicks – none of them much good; having said that, their “Evil Dead” remake looks fun – like “The Grudge”, so can’t imagine them jumping aboard something they can’t make use of fake blood canisters on.
Guess we’ll find out when that first teaser trailer, no doubt featuring the iconic words ‘They’re Here…!’, hits screens.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.