The “Poltergeist” remake has found its father (albeit a slightly less eerie one to the old, prying Freeling-beseeching chap they called ‘Kane’ in the “Poltergeist” sequel), according to Deadline.
Gil Kenan, director of the CGI family comedy “Monster House”, has been tapped to direct MGM’s long-gestating reboot of the Tobe Hooper horror classic.
Kenan’s hiring suggests a slightly watered-down take on the haunted house – or ‘Monster House’ – scenario that actors Heather O’Rourke, Craig T.Nelson and JoBeth Williams played off in the original. Or does it? Sam Raimi’s shingle is producing and they’ve pretty much concerned themselves with doing hardcore horror flicks – none of them much good; having said that, their “Evil Dead” remake looks fun – like “The Grudge”, so can’t imagine them jumping aboard something they can’t make use of fake blood canisters on.
Guess we’ll find out when that first teaser trailer, no doubt featuring the iconic words ‘They’re Here…!’, hits screens.
- Interview promo suggests Christmas day release still on!? - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : True Story - December 19, 2014
- Walt’s got the next Chipmunks sequel - December 19, 2014
- Team America plan f*cked, yeah! - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : A Little Chaos - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : Ana Maria in Novela Land - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : American Sniper - December 19, 2014
- Charlie Sheen reprising one of his classic roles - December 18, 2014
- Carell’s North Korea movie cancelled - December 18, 2014
- Stuhlbarg logs onto Jobs biopic - December 18, 2014
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.