Judge Reinhold will reprise his role as Billy Rosewood – from the three “Beverly Hills Cop” movies – for CBS’ “Beverly Hills Cop” series.
Reinhold will reunite with Eddie Murphy, reprising Axel Foley, in the pilot episode of the show.
Says THR :
Described as a continuation of the movie franchise, the drama pilot from The Shield’s Shawn Ryan centers on Aaron (Brandon T. Jackson), the police officer son of Axel Foley (Eddie Murphy), who takes down the criminal elements of the rich and famous in Beverly Hills while working to escape his famous father’s shadow. Murphy will reprise his role as the wisecracking detective in the pilot and could recur should the project go to series.
Reinhold will reprise his role as Axel Foley’s partner, Billy Rosewood, in the pilot. Rosewood has moved on to a bigger gig with the city and plays a key role in bringing Aaron into the LAPD’s Beverly Hills precinct. Reinhold is currently slated to guest star in the pilot, which features Billy and Axel’s reunion and Aaron’s first meeting with his father’s now high-ranking friend.
Christine Lahti, David Denman and Kevin Pollak also feature on the show.
In one of the drafts of “Beverly Hills Cop 4″ – which likely won’t be made now – Reinhold’s Billy Rosewood was killed off. Seemingly they’re keeping him alive now. …Or are they!?
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014