Judge Reinhold will reprise his role as Billy Rosewood – from the three “Beverly Hills Cop” movies – for CBS’ “Beverly Hills Cop” series.
Reinhold will reunite with Eddie Murphy, reprising Axel Foley, in the pilot episode of the show.
Says THR :
Described as a continuation of the movie franchise, the drama pilot from The Shield’s Shawn Ryan centers on Aaron (Brandon T. Jackson), the police officer son of Axel Foley (Eddie Murphy), who takes down the criminal elements of the rich and famous in Beverly Hills while working to escape his famous father’s shadow. Murphy will reprise his role as the wisecracking detective in the pilot and could recur should the project go to series.
Reinhold will reprise his role as Axel Foley’s partner, Billy Rosewood, in the pilot. Rosewood has moved on to a bigger gig with the city and plays a key role in bringing Aaron into the LAPD’s Beverly Hills precinct. Reinhold is currently slated to guest star in the pilot, which features Billy and Axel’s reunion and Aaron’s first meeting with his father’s now high-ranking friend.
Christine Lahti, David Denman and Kevin Pollak also feature on the show.
In one of the drafts of “Beverly Hills Cop 4″ – which likely won’t be made now – Reinhold’s Billy Rosewood was killed off. Seemingly they’re keeping him alive now. …Or are they!?
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015