Judge Reinhold will reprise his role as Billy Rosewood – from the three “Beverly Hills Cop” movies – for CBS’ “Beverly Hills Cop” series.
Reinhold will reunite with Eddie Murphy, reprising Axel Foley, in the pilot episode of the show.
Says THR :
Described as a continuation of the movie franchise, the drama pilot from The Shield’s Shawn Ryan centers on Aaron (Brandon T. Jackson), the police officer son of Axel Foley (Eddie Murphy), who takes down the criminal elements of the rich and famous in Beverly Hills while working to escape his famous father’s shadow. Murphy will reprise his role as the wisecracking detective in the pilot and could recur should the project go to series.
Reinhold will reprise his role as Axel Foley’s partner, Billy Rosewood, in the pilot. Rosewood has moved on to a bigger gig with the city and plays a key role in bringing Aaron into the LAPD’s Beverly Hills precinct. Reinhold is currently slated to guest star in the pilot, which features Billy and Axel’s reunion and Aaron’s first meeting with his father’s now high-ranking friend.
Christine Lahti, David Denman and Kevin Pollak also feature on the show.
In one of the drafts of “Beverly Hills Cop 4″ – which likely won’t be made now – Reinhold’s Billy Rosewood was killed off. Seemingly they’re keeping him alive now. …Or are they!?
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015