Abbie Cornish, the Aussie beauty who survived “One Perfect Day” and “Horseplay” only to make it in Hollywood (winning starring spots in films like “Stop-Loss” and “Elizabeth : The Golden Age”), has a couple of big projects on the way.
First, she’s playing the robot’s wife – Ellen Murphy, widow of Alex Murphy (Joel Kinnaman) – in the remake of “RoboCop”.
She spoke briefly to VH1 about being part of the ambitious project.
“It’s gonna be a massively kick-ass film,” says Cornish. “…I actually have a voicemail message from Jose Padilha, the director. He says in the message, ‘I don’t think we’ve got a great movie. I think we’ve got a classic.'”
“RoboCop” should be a decent remake, if the cast is anything to go by – Samuel L.Jackson, Gary Oldman, Michael Keaton and Jackie Earle Haley, among those in it.
Meanwhile, Deadline says Cornish has joined the cast of a new TV mini-series called “Klondike”, which “tells the story of six strangers and their collective fight for survival and wealth in a small, frontier town in the remote Klondike.”
Cornish joins Tim Blake Nelson, Ian Hart and Johnny Simmons, among others, in the Discovery Channel project.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015