Abbie Cornish, the Aussie beauty who survived “One Perfect Day” and “Horseplay” only to make it in Hollywood (winning starring spots in films like “Stop-Loss” and “Elizabeth : The Golden Age”), has a couple of big projects on the way.
First, she’s playing the robot’s wife – Ellen Murphy, widow of Alex Murphy (Joel Kinnaman) – in the remake of “RoboCop”.
She spoke briefly to VH1 about being part of the ambitious project.
“It’s gonna be a massively kick-ass film,” says Cornish. “…I actually have a voicemail message from Jose Padilha, the director. He says in the message, ‘I don’t think we’ve got a great movie. I think we’ve got a classic.'”
“RoboCop” should be a decent remake, if the cast is anything to go by – Samuel L.Jackson, Gary Oldman, Michael Keaton and Jackie Earle Haley, among those in it.
Meanwhile, Deadline says Cornish has joined the cast of a new TV mini-series called “Klondike”, which “tells the story of six strangers and their collective fight for survival and wealth in a small, frontier town in the remote Klondike.”
Cornish joins Tim Blake Nelson, Ian Hart and Johnny Simmons, among others, in the Discovery Channel project.
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014
- Spielberg selects BFG‘s Sophie - December 16, 2014
- Mad Men alum joins Cameron Crowe series - December 16, 2014
- Heche, Riggle join Topher Grace musical - December 16, 2014
- More Batman v Superman spoilers! - December 16, 2014
- J.Jonah Jameson vs. King Kong - December 16, 2014
- Finally! McDonald’s movie in the works - December 11, 2014