Abbie Cornish, the Aussie beauty who survived “One Perfect Day” and “Horseplay” only to make it in Hollywood (winning starring spots in films like “Stop-Loss” and “Elizabeth : The Golden Age”), has a couple of big projects on the way.
First, she’s playing the robot’s wife – Ellen Murphy, widow of Alex Murphy (Joel Kinnaman) – in the remake of “RoboCop”.
She spoke briefly to VH1 about being part of the ambitious project.
“It’s gonna be a massively kick-ass film,” says Cornish. “…I actually have a voicemail message from Jose Padilha, the director. He says in the message, ‘I don’t think we’ve got a great movie. I think we’ve got a classic.'”
“RoboCop” should be a decent remake, if the cast is anything to go by – Samuel L.Jackson, Gary Oldman, Michael Keaton and Jackie Earle Haley, among those in it.
Meanwhile, Deadline says Cornish has joined the cast of a new TV mini-series called “Klondike”, which “tells the story of six strangers and their collective fight for survival and wealth in a small, frontier town in the remote Klondike.”
Cornish joins Tim Blake Nelson, Ian Hart and Johnny Simmons, among others, in the Discovery Channel project.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015