After the success of “Oz : The Great & Powerful” and “Alice in Wonderland”, no surprise to hear Disney are planning to reimagine some more fairy tales for the big screen. After an “Alice” sequel, and the highly-anticipated ‘Sleeping Beauty’ spin-off, “Maleficent”, with Angelina Jolie playing the evil character, the company may turn their attention to “Beauty & The Beast”.
According to Deadline, Disney has tapped Joe Ahearne (“Trance”) to script a new 3D live-action adaptation of the classic fairytale.
Sounds like it’ll be a quite the departure from the early ’90s animated “Beauty & The Beast” :
Disney is calling this film The Beast, and considering the subject matter of Trance–an art auctioneer is pummeled so badly by his criminal cohorts that a hypnotherapist is needed to coax out the memories of where he hid a priceless painting–indicates that this revisionist take on Beauty and the Beast could be a bit on the dark side.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015