After the success of “Oz : The Great & Powerful” and “Alice in Wonderland”, no surprise to hear Disney are planning to reimagine some more fairy tales for the big screen. After an “Alice” sequel, and the highly-anticipated ‘Sleeping Beauty’ spin-off, “Maleficent”, with Angelina Jolie playing the evil character, the company may turn their attention to “Beauty & The Beast”.
According to Deadline, Disney has tapped Joe Ahearne (“Trance”) to script a new 3D live-action adaptation of the classic fairytale.
Sounds like it’ll be a quite the departure from the early ’90s animated “Beauty & The Beast” :
Disney is calling this film The Beast, and considering the subject matter of Trance–an art auctioneer is pummeled so badly by his criminal cohorts that a hypnotherapist is needed to coax out the memories of where he hid a priceless painting–indicates that this revisionist take on Beauty and the Beast could be a bit on the dark side.
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014
- Spielberg selects BFG‘s Sophie - December 16, 2014
- Mad Men alum joins Cameron Crowe series - December 16, 2014
- Heche, Riggle join Topher Grace musical - December 16, 2014
- More Batman v Superman spoilers! - December 16, 2014
- J.Jonah Jameson vs. King Kong - December 16, 2014
- Finally! McDonald’s movie in the works - December 11, 2014