Shailene Woodley (“The Amazing Spider-Man 2″) has some new company over at the “Divergent” table read-throughs : Maggie Q (“Mission : Impossible III”), Zoe Kravitz (“X-Men : First Class”) and Ansel Elgort (“Carrie”) has joined the cast of the film, an adaptation of the well-liked Veronica Roth novel.
The Neil Burger (“The Illusionist”) directed film tells of a future society that is divided into factions based on human traits.
The Hollywood Reporter has the following on the new trio’s characters :
Q will play Tori, a tattooed owner of a tattoo parlor who is part of the choosing ceremony that divides people into factions. She ends up helping Woodley’s character, Tris.
Kravitz will play Christina, a member of the Dauntless faction, which embodies bravery, and who becomes friends with Tris.
Elgort has nabbed the highly sought-after role of Caleb, Woodley’s twin brother who turns his back on his family, part of the Abnegation clan, to be part of the Erudite clan.
Production on the film, no doubt the first in what’s hoped to be a series of films based on Roth’s books, will kick off in windy Chicago this Spring.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015