Shailene Woodley (“The Amazing Spider-Man 2″) has some new company over at the “Divergent” table read-throughs : Maggie Q (“Mission : Impossible III”), Zoe Kravitz (“X-Men : First Class”) and Ansel Elgort (“Carrie”) has joined the cast of the film, an adaptation of the well-liked Veronica Roth novel.
The Neil Burger (“The Illusionist”) directed film tells of a future society that is divided into factions based on human traits.
The Hollywood Reporter has the following on the new trio’s characters :
Q will play Tori, a tattooed owner of a tattoo parlor who is part of the choosing ceremony that divides people into factions. She ends up helping Woodley’s character, Tris.
Kravitz will play Christina, a member of the Dauntless faction, which embodies bravery, and who becomes friends with Tris.
Elgort has nabbed the highly sought-after role of Caleb, Woodley’s twin brother who turns his back on his family, part of the Abnegation clan, to be part of the Erudite clan.
Production on the film, no doubt the first in what’s hoped to be a series of films based on Roth’s books, will kick off in windy Chicago this Spring.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014