Shailene Woodley (“The Amazing Spider-Man 2″) has some new company over at the “Divergent” table read-throughs : Maggie Q (“Mission : Impossible III”), Zoe Kravitz (“X-Men : First Class”) and Ansel Elgort (“Carrie”) has joined the cast of the film, an adaptation of the well-liked Veronica Roth novel.
The Neil Burger (“The Illusionist”) directed film tells of a future society that is divided into factions based on human traits.
The Hollywood Reporter has the following on the new trio’s characters :
Q will play Tori, a tattooed owner of a tattoo parlor who is part of the choosing ceremony that divides people into factions. She ends up helping Woodley’s character, Tris.
Kravitz will play Christina, a member of the Dauntless faction, which embodies bravery, and who becomes friends with Tris.
Elgort has nabbed the highly sought-after role of Caleb, Woodley’s twin brother who turns his back on his family, part of the Abnegation clan, to be part of the Erudite clan.
Production on the film, no doubt the first in what’s hoped to be a series of films based on Roth’s books, will kick off in windy Chicago this Spring.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015