Michael Fassbender has exited the Natalie Portman western “Jane Got a Gun”. Aussie Joel Edgerton, seen recently in “Zero Dark Thirty”, who was set to play a villain in the film, has stepped up to play the male lead.
Jude Law, meantime, has signed onto play the villain according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Gun centers on a woman whose outlaw husband returns home riddled with bullet wounds and barely alive. When her husband’s gang eventually tracks him down to finish the job, she is forced to reach out to an ex-lover and ask if he will help defend her farm.
Edgerton will now play the ex-lover while Law will be the leader of the gang that lays siege to the homestead.
Fassbender was forced to pull out of the movie due to his commitment to “X-Men : Days of Future Past”, which will film in April. “Jane Got a Gun”, to be directed by Lynne Ramsay, will begin filming in a couple of weeks in New Mexico.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015