Michael Fassbender has exited the Natalie Portman western “Jane Got a Gun”. Aussie Joel Edgerton, seen recently in “Zero Dark Thirty”, who was set to play a villain in the film, has stepped up to play the male lead.
Jude Law, meantime, has signed onto play the villain according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Gun centers on a woman whose outlaw husband returns home riddled with bullet wounds and barely alive. When her husband’s gang eventually tracks him down to finish the job, she is forced to reach out to an ex-lover and ask if he will help defend her farm.
Edgerton will now play the ex-lover while Law will be the leader of the gang that lays siege to the homestead.
Fassbender was forced to pull out of the movie due to his commitment to “X-Men : Days of Future Past”, which will film in April. “Jane Got a Gun”, to be directed by Lynne Ramsay, will begin filming in a couple of weeks in New Mexico.
- First look : The Man from U.N.C.L.E - December 22, 2014
- Mark Hamill on his Trickster reprisal - December 22, 2014
- Kate Winslet’s next Job may be with Boyle - December 21, 2014
- Two new posters come into Focus - December 21, 2014
- Mike Myers resurrects Dr. Evil - December 21, 2014
- ‘Ross’ from Friends defends O.J Simpson - December 21, 2014
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014