Michael Fassbender has exited the Natalie Portman western “Jane Got a Gun”. Aussie Joel Edgerton, seen recently in “Zero Dark Thirty”, who was set to play a villain in the film, has stepped up to play the male lead.
Jude Law, meantime, has signed onto play the villain according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Gun centers on a woman whose outlaw husband returns home riddled with bullet wounds and barely alive. When her husband’s gang eventually tracks him down to finish the job, she is forced to reach out to an ex-lover and ask if he will help defend her farm.
Edgerton will now play the ex-lover while Law will be the leader of the gang that lays siege to the homestead.
Fassbender was forced to pull out of the movie due to his commitment to “X-Men : Days of Future Past”, which will film in April. “Jane Got a Gun”, to be directed by Lynne Ramsay, will begin filming in a couple of weeks in New Mexico.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015