Karl Urban (“Dredd) is set to star in the new J.H Wyman/JJ Abrams drama pilot.
The Kiwi joins Michael Ealy and Minka Kelly on the Fox offering (tentatively titled “Human”), which is a buddy cop show about a human and android who team up. Ealy (“Sleeper Cell”) plays the android.
Says Deadline :
The action-packed buddy cop show, from Warner Bros TV and Bad Robot, is set in the near future when all LAPD officers are partnered with highly evolved human-like androids. It centers on one such pairing, cop John Kennex (Urban) and his android partner Dorian (Ealy). Kennex is described as a respected police officer who has shut down emotionally after a tragic mission left him critically injured. The cast of the pilot also includes Lili Taylor and Minka Kelly. This marks the first series regular role for Urban, who recently played the title character in another futuristic cop project, feature Dredd 3D.
Urban previously worked with Abrams on the “Star Trek” films.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015