Karl Urban (“Dredd) is set to star in the new J.H Wyman/JJ Abrams drama pilot.
The Kiwi joins Michael Ealy and Minka Kelly on the Fox offering (tentatively titled “Human”), which is a buddy cop show about a human and android who team up. Ealy (“Sleeper Cell”) plays the android.
Says Deadline :
The action-packed buddy cop show, from Warner Bros TV and Bad Robot, is set in the near future when all LAPD officers are partnered with highly evolved human-like androids. It centers on one such pairing, cop John Kennex (Urban) and his android partner Dorian (Ealy). Kennex is described as a respected police officer who has shut down emotionally after a tragic mission left him critically injured. The cast of the pilot also includes Lili Taylor and Minka Kelly. This marks the first series regular role for Urban, who recently played the title character in another futuristic cop project, feature Dredd 3D.
Urban previously worked with Abrams on the “Star Trek” films.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014