Karl Urban (“Dredd) is set to star in the new J.H Wyman/JJ Abrams drama pilot.
The Kiwi joins Michael Ealy and Minka Kelly on the Fox offering (tentatively titled “Human”), which is a buddy cop show about a human and android who team up. Ealy (“Sleeper Cell”) plays the android.
Says Deadline :
The action-packed buddy cop show, from Warner Bros TV and Bad Robot, is set in the near future when all LAPD officers are partnered with highly evolved human-like androids. It centers on one such pairing, cop John Kennex (Urban) and his android partner Dorian (Ealy). Kennex is described as a respected police officer who has shut down emotionally after a tragic mission left him critically injured. The cast of the pilot also includes Lili Taylor and Minka Kelly. This marks the first series regular role for Urban, who recently played the title character in another futuristic cop project, feature Dredd 3D.
Urban previously worked with Abrams on the “Star Trek” films.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015