“Jurassic Park 4″ has found its director, and I bet you can’t wipe the smile off his face.
Up-and-comer Colin Trevorrow (“Safety Not Guaranteed”) will direct the fourth instalment in Steven Spielberg’s prehistoric series of films.
As reported on Deadline, this is a huge step up for Trevorrow, whose previous feature directorial debut made $4 Million. The ‘Jurassic Park’ franchise has grossed over nearly $2 Billion dollars worldwide.
“He met with the studio and filmmakers, and they felt he was a good match for the material, having grown up a huge fan of the trilogy and part of a new generation of directors steeped in all things dinosaur. They felt he would preserve and protect the characters in the story they created.”
They do say that fans always have the best intentions when it comes to the object of their fandom. We look forward to seeing the directorial eye that Colin Trevorrow brings to the project. Word is he was also briefly considered for the directing job on “Star Wars Episode 7″.
“Jurassic Park 4″ will be filmed in 3D, and has an expected release date of June 13 2014. Steven Spielberg will executive produce.
The original “Jurassic Park” in its 3D remastered glory – which I’ll be checking out this coming weekend – hits cinemas on April 5.
- Sandi has fallen for TV’s The Fall - June 25, 2013
- Exclusive : Hasselhoff wants to team with Weinstein’s on Knight Rider movie - April 23, 2013
- Exclusive : Flash Gordon’s back for Ted 2 - April 23, 2013
- What did we learn at Gold Coast Supanova? - April 23, 2013
- Moviehole at SupaNova Gold Coast : Sushi Girl Panel - April 20, 2013
- Jurassic Park 3D - April 4, 2013
- ‘Jurassic Park 3D’ Review : Now with Extra Scariness! - April 4, 2013
- Seth Rogen and James Franco may reunite for The Interview - March 21, 2013
- Bob Newhart to appear on The Big Bang Theory - March 21, 2013
- Endless Love remake finds it’s leads - March 21, 2013