Dawn Olivieri (“House of Lies”) and Thomas Matthews (“The Newsroom”) have signed up for, well, some American Bullshit (hey! that was the original working title for the film, pipe down!). David O.Russell’s untitled pic, starring the likes of green-room faves Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper, Amy Adams, Jeremy Renner, Christian Bale and Louis C.K., is based on the true-life Abscam sting of the late 1970s and early ’80s.
The Hollywood Reporter, who have the news on the TV duo joining the production, have the following :
[It] tells of a financial con artist (Bale) and his mistress and partner-in-crime (Adams) who were forced to work with an out-of-control federal agent (Cooper) to turn the tables on other con artists, mobsters and politicians.
Olivieri will play Cooper’s girlfriend, while Matthews will play the son of Renner, who portrays a New Jersey mayor.
It’s a good gig landing an O.Russell film, usually guarantees you free shrimp at an after-Oscars bash somewhere in West Hollywood.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.