It’s been on and off more times than a ballooned condom, alas Silver Pictures and Studio Canal are now on the case to do something with the long-lingering “Escape from New York” brand.
A remake of the 1981 classic, which starred Kurt Russell in the iconic role of Snake Plissken, was gearing up to go at New Line a couple of years back under the direction of, erm, Brett Ratner. Like most of Rat’s projects, it fell apart. New Line lost the rights, and now Joel Silver’s crowd has them.
According to Deadline, “Lethal Weapon” producer Silver and his new buds at Studio Canal are planning an “Escape from New York” trilogy; it’d encompass an origin story, setting-up the events that eventually lead to Snake Plissken breaking into Manhattan, now a prison, to free the President. And in the third, he’d take on Bane and pass on the eye-patch to a young cop, of course.
No word on who might be don Snake Plissken’s eyepatch this time around, though with a trilogy being planned it’s in all probability that a youngster – say, a Hemsworth, a Gosling or a “Twilight” escapee – is being eyed.
- Lively, Clarke set for Forster’s All I See is You - February 27, 2015
- Sands files Minority Report - February 27, 2015
- Blomkamp’s statement on Alien plans misconstrued - February 27, 2015
- Routh gets Lost, West in the Money - February 26, 2015
- Billy Lynn nabs Alwyn, eyes Hedlund - February 26, 2015
- Spidey could remain Peter Parker after all - February 26, 2015
- Virginia Madsen to experience Joy - February 26, 2015
- Voges, Zombie reunite for 31 - February 26, 2015
- Schwarzenegger back for Terminator 6 - February 26, 2015
- When does the next Star Wars trailer hit? - February 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.