Though the oft-reliable fan websites, and also more studio-certified trade rags have reported on Harrison Ford’s return for “Star Wars Episode 7″ – the sequel many thought would never come to be – I think many of us, particularly since Ford’s always had a love-hate relationship with the “Wars”, won’t believe it until the man himself says it.
Well, he’s said it. Close enough, anyway.
In Chicago for a charity do, Ford was asked by WGNTV whether it’s true he’s going to be rejoining “the old gang” (Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill) for JJ Abrams’ new “Star Wars” instalment, and quite unexpectedly, voiced his excitement at the prospect of returning to the role that made his career and, though stating it’s “not in the bag” just yet, hinted it’s all coming together.
“I’m looking forward to it,” Ford said. “I think it’s going to happen.”
You can check out the interview here.
It’s going to be a big couple of years for Ford. Aside from his involvement in the new “Star Wars”, he’s a part of the Jackie Robinson biopic “42”, as well as the thriller “Paranoia” with young hot-shot Liam Hemsworth, the much-talked about “Ender’s Game”, and “Anchorman 2 : The Legend Continues”, which is out at Christmas.
- Joey Potter hires Ray Donovan - January 28, 2015
- Kickboxer star up for Iron Fist? - January 28, 2015
- Imitation Game director resuscitates old Keanu Reeves project - January 28, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Fantastic Four - January 28, 2015
- Crossbones in spooky supernatural yarn Stephanie - January 28, 2015
- Aussie lad may save America in Independence Day 2 - January 28, 2015
- Watch a Wet Hot American Summer teaser - January 28, 2015
- Jeff Daniels, Aaron Sorkin reunite for Jobs biopic - January 28, 2015
- Chris Pratt as young Indiana Jones!? - January 28, 2015
- Creed punches into production! - January 27, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.