1. “Spider-Man” director Sam Raimi will direct the pilot episode of “Rake”, the U.S version of the Aussie series. Greg Kinnear stars in the Yankee take.
2. Universal has released a new trailer for “Despicable Me 2″ :
3. Terry O’Quinn (“666 Park Avenue”) has replaced Tom Berenger as the police captain in the new Fox series “Gang Related”.
4. Spencer Grammer (“Greek”) has landed the female lead in the “Ironside” reboot.
5. James Woods (“Casino”) has joined Showtime’s “Ray Donovan”.
6. Christina Ricci has exited the NBC pilot “Girlfriend in a Coma”.
7. Rob Letterman is in talks to helm Sony’s film version of the “Goosebumps” books.
8. Greg Kinnear (“Rake”) is in talks to star in Sony’s “Heaven is for Real”, an adaptation of the best-selling true-life book by Todd Burpo and Lynn Vincent. “Burpo is the small-town pastor whose 4-year-old son purportedly died during surgery and went to heaven. The boy awoke with wild descriptions of where he had been, but neither the boy’s father nor friends and family believed him until he began to reveal details that he simply could not have known.” Randall Wallace will direct.
9. “Dredd” scribe Alex Garland is to make his directorial debut with “Ex Machina”, “which centers on a billionaire programmer who handpicks a young employee to spend a week at his remote estate and participate in a test involving his latest invention: an artificially intelligent female robot.”
10. Director Gareth Edwards has shared a video greeting from the set of his ”Godzilla” reboot.