The curse on Natalie Portman-starring western “Jane Got A Gun” refuses to lift itself.
But first, some good news. “Warrior” helmer Gavin O’Connor has come aboard to direct the film, following yesterday’s shock announcement that director Lynne Ramsay had failed to show up for her work, later announcing she was no longer onboard the cowboy caper. O’Connor’s a capable director, he may be able to get this loco back on it’s tracks.
Unfortunately, star Jude Law ostensibly don’t feel so confident.
Deadline says the “Sherlock Holmes” star nixed the opportunity to play the film’s villain when he got wind that Ramsay, helmer of the terrifically haunting “We Need to Talk About Kevin”, had left. Seems the only reason Law wanted in was to work with the up-and-coming filmmaker.
It’s been trouble from go to woah for the film, which features Natalie Portman as a young woman who unites with an old flame (Joel Edgerton) to flee her evil-ass hubby, the role Law was set to play.
Law’s not the first actor to leave the flick. Michael Fassbender was originally set to play the film’s hero, a part Edgerton is now filling, but had to leave because of a clash with his “X-Men” commitments.
- Magnolia picks up Experimenter; New image released - March 27, 2015
- Taylor-Johnson quits Fifty Shades franchise - March 26, 2015
- X-Men : Apocalypse casts Jubilee; cameos rumoured - March 26, 2015
- Trailer : Maggie - March 26, 2015
- Ben Mendelsohn may star in a Star Wars movie - March 26, 2015
- B v S : Luthor picture; story details - March 26, 2015
- Star Trek 3 : Elba to play villain; Pegg talks scripting - March 26, 2015
- Peter Craig aboard Lawrence’s Addario biopic - March 26, 2015
- Spielberg directing Ernie Cline’s Ready Player One - March 26, 2015
- Jason Segel directing a Lego movie!? - March 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.