Might a “Wayne’s World 3″ be on the cards?
Well, there’s a good chance of it, anyway!
A stage reunion featuring Mike Myers and Dana Carvey as the popular cable-television hosting clowns suggests a second sequel to the 1992 film – based on a sketch that originated on TV’s “Saturday Night Light” – is more possible now than it was, say… a few years ago anyway. The Hollywood Reporter says the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences will be hosting a “Wayne’s World” panel on April 23 that reunites Myers, Carvey, producer Lorne Michaels, director Penelope Spheeris, and executive producer Hawk Koch, who will introduce the event.
The screening, which is open to the general public, will feature a showing of a mint condition print of the 1992 film. Tickets are available here.
But back to the potential of a “Wayne’s World 3″; I believe Myers and Carvey went their own way for a while there, not sure of the why’s behind the riff, but they’ve recently become good friends again – hence participating in things like this panel, together. If they’re indeed up for this, and have no doubt discussed the possibility of working together sometime, the idea of a Wayne and Garth resurrection is sure to have come up.
Won’t surprise me if someone asks about the chances of “Wayne’s World 3″ at the panel. We’ll keep our ears open!
Carvey mentioned “Wayne’s World 3″ on Conan last year, but… well, you’ll see :
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015