Might a “Wayne’s World 3″ be on the cards?
Well, there’s a good chance of it, anyway!
A stage reunion featuring Mike Myers and Dana Carvey as the popular cable-television hosting clowns suggests a second sequel to the 1992 film – based on a sketch that originated on TV’s “Saturday Night Light” – is more possible now than it was, say… a few years ago anyway. The Hollywood Reporter says the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences will be hosting a “Wayne’s World” panel on April 23 that reunites Myers, Carvey, producer Lorne Michaels, director Penelope Spheeris, and executive producer Hawk Koch, who will introduce the event.
The screening, which is open to the general public, will feature a showing of a mint condition print of the 1992 film. Tickets are available here.
But back to the potential of a “Wayne’s World 3″; I believe Myers and Carvey went their own way for a while there, not sure of the why’s behind the riff, but they’ve recently become good friends again – hence participating in things like this panel, together. If they’re indeed up for this, and have no doubt discussed the possibility of working together sometime, the idea of a Wayne and Garth resurrection is sure to have come up.
Won’t surprise me if someone asks about the chances of “Wayne’s World 3″ at the panel. We’ll keep our ears open!
Carvey mentioned “Wayne’s World 3″ on Conan last year, but… well, you’ll see :
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015