Speaking to IGN about his latest toy-cum-movie, “G.I Joe : Retaliation” director Jon M.Chu says he’s still aboard a “He-Man and the Masters of the Universe” movie but it’s still very early days.
At the moment, it sounds as if Chu is torn between making a gravely-serious “Conan”-esque action film or something like the ’80s “He-Man” movie with Dolph Lundgren.
“We’re still early but we’re deep in experimenting. This is the most fun phase for me because we get to try everything we’ve ever wanted to try in [Masters of the Universe] and then we get to throw out all the things that don’t work, which is most of it. [This allows us to know] what our tone is, where we’re going to head with it and it’s a very important phase because it shows [us] the direction we’re going to go in the future. So we’re very early, we don’t know a lot yet other than that we’re playing around and having a lot of fun.”
I wonder if “G.I Joe : Retaliation” star Dwayne Johnson will get a look-in to play He Man since he and Chu are now acquainted?
Alex Litvak (“Predators”) wrote the “He-Man” movie, which Sony and Escape Artists are teaming on.
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013