Brit boys Tom Hardy and Jason Statham are said to be the favourites to play all-American hero Snake Plissken in the recently-announced “Escape from New York” reboot.
Joel Silver and Studio Canal are developing a new trilogy based around the character created by John Carpenter and immortalized on screen by Kurt Russell.
An “insider” tells The New York Daily News that the producers are eyeing “Inception” star Hardy and “Parker” star Statham for the part of the eye-patch wearing hero.
“Jason is the type of actor who has the physical attributes and screen presence to reprise Snake. He has a proven track record as a leading man and would do a great job”, the insider says of the latter.
“Tom was immense in ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ and deserves to get a break in a top role. This could put him firmly in the A-list.”
When it comes to recasting Snake Plissken, Hollywood seems convinced only the British are apt for the job – it was Gerard Butler’s role to refuse a couple of years ago when Len Wiseman was going to direct a reboot for New Line.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015