Brit boys Tom Hardy and Jason Statham are said to be the favourites to play all-American hero Snake Plissken in the recently-announced “Escape from New York” reboot.
Joel Silver and Studio Canal are developing a new trilogy based around the character created by John Carpenter and immortalized on screen by Kurt Russell.
An “insider” tells The New York Daily News that the producers are eyeing “Inception” star Hardy and “Parker” star Statham for the part of the eye-patch wearing hero.
“Jason is the type of actor who has the physical attributes and screen presence to reprise Snake. He has a proven track record as a leading man and would do a great job”, the insider says of the latter.
“Tom was immense in ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ and deserves to get a break in a top role. This could put him firmly in the A-list.”
When it comes to recasting Snake Plissken, Hollywood seems convinced only the British are apt for the job – it was Gerard Butler’s role to refuse a couple of years ago when Len Wiseman was going to direct a reboot for New Line.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014