Brit boys Tom Hardy and Jason Statham are said to be the favourites to play all-American hero Snake Plissken in the recently-announced “Escape from New York” reboot.
Joel Silver and Studio Canal are developing a new trilogy based around the character created by John Carpenter and immortalized on screen by Kurt Russell.
An “insider” tells The New York Daily News that the producers are eyeing “Inception” star Hardy and “Parker” star Statham for the part of the eye-patch wearing hero.
“Jason is the type of actor who has the physical attributes and screen presence to reprise Snake. He has a proven track record as a leading man and would do a great job”, the insider says of the latter.
“Tom was immense in ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ and deserves to get a break in a top role. This could put him firmly in the A-list.”
When it comes to recasting Snake Plissken, Hollywood seems convinced only the British are apt for the job – it was Gerard Butler’s role to refuse a couple of years ago when Len Wiseman was going to direct a reboot for New Line.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015