Actor and filmmaker Forest Whitaker has taken it upon himself to finally get the enthralling story of late comic Richard Pryor up on the big screen.
There have been numerous attempts to get a biopic on Pryor going, but all have stalled. Most recently, Bill Condon was developing one – with Marlon Wayans signed to play Pryor – but he got busy with the “Twilight” films and as a consequence, the project languished.
Whitaker, who is only producing the film at this stage, is working with the late comedian’s widow, Jennifer Pryor, to produce the film through his Significant Productions shingle, says Deadline. The “Last King of Scotland” star is working on a script.
There have been over half-a-dozen attempts to get this movie made, is Forest it’s lucky charm?
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014