Actor and filmmaker Forest Whitaker has taken it upon himself to finally get the enthralling story of late comic Richard Pryor up on the big screen.
There have been numerous attempts to get a biopic on Pryor going, but all have stalled. Most recently, Bill Condon was developing one – with Marlon Wayans signed to play Pryor – but he got busy with the “Twilight” films and as a consequence, the project languished.
Whitaker, who is only producing the film at this stage, is working with the late comedian’s widow, Jennifer Pryor, to produce the film through his Significant Productions shingle, says Deadline. The “Last King of Scotland” star is working on a script.
There have been over half-a-dozen attempts to get this movie made, is Forest it’s lucky charm?
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015