Actor and filmmaker Forest Whitaker has taken it upon himself to finally get the enthralling story of late comic Richard Pryor up on the big screen.
There have been numerous attempts to get a biopic on Pryor going, but all have stalled. Most recently, Bill Condon was developing one – with Marlon Wayans signed to play Pryor – but he got busy with the “Twilight” films and as a consequence, the project languished.
Whitaker, who is only producing the film at this stage, is working with the late comedian’s widow, Jennifer Pryor, to produce the film through his Significant Productions shingle, says Deadline. The “Last King of Scotland” star is working on a script.
There have been over half-a-dozen attempts to get this movie made, is Forest it’s lucky charm?
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015