Don’t be surprised if Chevy Chase and Beverly D’Angelo emerge from bathtubs dripping in opaque, succulent chocolate this weekend.
The “Vacation” duo have agreed to cameo as Clark and Ellen Griswold in New Line’s reboot of the 1984 comedy – and will likely be rewarded handsomely for doing so.
Both actors, who reprised their hapless vacationers in a further three films (post-“Vacation”), weren’t too keen on originally appearing in John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein’s reboot – if only because they had their own plans for the series (the actors had put pen to paper on a script for a new “Vacation” for themselves to star in). But something – likely something with Ben Franklin’s phizog on it – has changed their minds.
Variety doesn’t say just how many carrots were dangled in front of Chase and D’Angelo just that the producers “doubled their efforts” to coax the twosome back to the franchise they’re known for.
Ed Helms takes the charge of the new “Vacation” film, playing grown-up Rusty Griswold; Christina Applegate is playing his wife. The film sees the younger Griswold’s on a road trip, which includes making a pit stop to see Rusty’s parents (Chase, D’Angelo).
No word yet on whether Randy Quaid’s been caught, erm, coaxed into reprising cousin Eddie.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.