The inexorably versatile James Spader (“The Office”, “Lincoln”) has joined the cast of Tommy Lee Jones starring/co-written/directed drama “The Homesman”, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The film, set in mid 1800s America, also stars Hilary Swank, John Lithgow, Tim Blake Nelson and Meryl Streep.
Set in 1855 Nebraska, the story tells of a frontier woman and a claim jumper who ferry a wagonload of women, driven insane by the harsh world of the frontier, eastward to Iowa and back to the civilized world.
While details of Spader’s role are being played close to the vest, it is known he will play a swindler.
The movie will shoot in New Mexico this Spring.
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014
- Spielberg selects BFG‘s Sophie - December 16, 2014
- Mad Men alum joins Cameron Crowe series - December 16, 2014
- Heche, Riggle join Topher Grace musical - December 16, 2014
- More Batman v Superman spoilers! - December 16, 2014