The inexorably versatile James Spader (“The Office”, “Lincoln”) has joined the cast of Tommy Lee Jones starring/co-written/directed drama “The Homesman”, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The film, set in mid 1800s America, also stars Hilary Swank, John Lithgow, Tim Blake Nelson and Meryl Streep.
Set in 1855 Nebraska, the story tells of a frontier woman and a claim jumper who ferry a wagonload of women, driven insane by the harsh world of the frontier, eastward to Iowa and back to the civilized world.
While details of Spader’s role are being played close to the vest, it is known he will play a swindler.
The movie will shoot in New Mexico this Spring.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015