The inexorably versatile James Spader (“The Office”, “Lincoln”) has joined the cast of Tommy Lee Jones starring/co-written/directed drama “The Homesman”, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The film, set in mid 1800s America, also stars Hilary Swank, John Lithgow, Tim Blake Nelson and Meryl Streep.
Set in 1855 Nebraska, the story tells of a frontier woman and a claim jumper who ferry a wagonload of women, driven insane by the harsh world of the frontier, eastward to Iowa and back to the civilized world.
While details of Spader’s role are being played close to the vest, it is known he will play a swindler.
The movie will shoot in New Mexico this Spring.
- Mike Colter confirmed as Luke Cage - December 23, 2014
- First look : The Man from U.N.C.L.E - December 22, 2014
- Mark Hamill on his Trickster reprisal - December 22, 2014
- Kate Winslet’s next Job may be with Boyle - December 21, 2014
- Two new posters come into Focus - December 21, 2014
- Mike Myers resurrects Dr. Evil - December 21, 2014
- ‘Ross’ from Friends defends O.J Simpson - December 21, 2014
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014