Clint Eastwood is reportedly eyeing “Jersey Boys”, the movie based on the Broadway musical that Jon Favreau (“Iron Man”) had originally been attached to direct, says The Hollywood Reporter.
The project was origianlly set up at Columbia Pictures, with Favreau, before moving over to Warners. Warners then put the project into turnaround. But if Eastwood signs on to direct, Warners will likely be making it – since it’s where the veteran filmmaker does all his projects.
“Gran Torino” director Eastwood has been long interested in doing another musical. He has been actively developing a remake of “A Star is Born”; he has a female lead picked, Grammy winner Esperanza Spalding, but the difficulty of finding a suitable male lead has held that project up.
The “Jersey Boys” movie, what with it’s “story chronicles the rise of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons and the group’s eventual breakup”, would be right up Eastwood’s alley then.
Project is being produced by Graham King at GK Films.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015