Clint Eastwood is reportedly eyeing “Jersey Boys”, the movie based on the Broadway musical that Jon Favreau (“Iron Man”) had originally been attached to direct, says The Hollywood Reporter.
The project was origianlly set up at Columbia Pictures, with Favreau, before moving over to Warners. Warners then put the project into turnaround. But if Eastwood signs on to direct, Warners will likely be making it – since it’s where the veteran filmmaker does all his projects.
“Gran Torino” director Eastwood has been long interested in doing another musical. He has been actively developing a remake of “A Star is Born”; he has a female lead picked, Grammy winner Esperanza Spalding, but the difficulty of finding a suitable male lead has held that project up.
The “Jersey Boys” movie, what with it’s “story chronicles the rise of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons and the group’s eventual breakup”, would be right up Eastwood’s alley then.
Project is being produced by Graham King at GK Films.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015