Clint Eastwood is reportedly eyeing “Jersey Boys”, the movie based on the Broadway musical that Jon Favreau (“Iron Man”) had originally been attached to direct, says The Hollywood Reporter.
The project was origianlly set up at Columbia Pictures, with Favreau, before moving over to Warners. Warners then put the project into turnaround. But if Eastwood signs on to direct, Warners will likely be making it – since it’s where the veteran filmmaker does all his projects.
“Gran Torino” director Eastwood has been long interested in doing another musical. He has been actively developing a remake of “A Star is Born”; he has a female lead picked, Grammy winner Esperanza Spalding, but the difficulty of finding a suitable male lead has held that project up.
The “Jersey Boys” movie, what with it’s “story chronicles the rise of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons and the group’s eventual breakup”, would be right up Eastwood’s alley then.
Project is being produced by Graham King at GK Films.
- First look : The Man from U.N.C.L.E - December 22, 2014
- Mark Hamill on his Trickster reprisal - December 22, 2014
- Kate Winslet’s next Job may be with Boyle - December 21, 2014
- Two new posters come into Focus - December 21, 2014
- Mike Myers resurrects Dr. Evil - December 21, 2014
- ‘Ross’ from Friends defends O.J Simpson - December 21, 2014
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014