At Sony’s “Evil Dead” (remake) panel today here at WonderCon, it was reiterated that there will indeed – in all likeliness (guessing it comes down to Sam Raimi’s wavering enthusiasm) – be a sequel to it, but also a new sequel to the “Evil Dead” movies that Bruce Campbell’s ‘Ash’ featured in.
Campbell, a producer on the remake, confirmed he’ll be reprising Ash for a sequel to 1993’s “Army of Darkness” – if and when.
In addition, he believes there should be 7 (!) “Evil Dead” movies all up – three of the new ones, four of the old ones.
That hypothetical 7th movie would be a ‘crossover’ movie between the two “Evil Dead” franchises – those from ‘remake’ land meeting Bruce Campbell’s ‘Ash’.
All just talk, of course, but if Campbell – the one who usually laughs off the idea of another “Evil Dead” featuring his Ash character – is saying ‘yes’, then there might just be something in it.
More from WonderCon shortly.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015