At Sony’s “Evil Dead” (remake) panel today here at WonderCon, it was reiterated that there will indeed – in all likeliness (guessing it comes down to Sam Raimi’s wavering enthusiasm) – be a sequel to it, but also a new sequel to the “Evil Dead” movies that Bruce Campbell’s ‘Ash’ featured in.
Campbell, a producer on the remake, confirmed he’ll be reprising Ash for a sequel to 1993’s “Army of Darkness” – if and when.
In addition, he believes there should be 7 (!) “Evil Dead” movies all up – three of the new ones, four of the old ones.
That hypothetical 7th movie would be a ‘crossover’ movie between the two “Evil Dead” franchises – those from ‘remake’ land meeting Bruce Campbell’s ‘Ash’.
All just talk, of course, but if Campbell – the one who usually laughs off the idea of another “Evil Dead” featuring his Ash character – is saying ‘yes’, then there might just be something in it.
More from WonderCon shortly.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014