1. Executive-turned-scribe Marc Haimes (“Pacific Rim”) has sold a spec script, one in the ‘found footage’ genre, called “Supermax” to Paramount.
2. Jimmy Fallon looks set to take over The Tonight Show from Jay Leno, while Seth Meyers is being eyed to take over Late Night.
3. Jim Sturgess (“Upside Down”) is joining Kate Beckinsale in the NuImage/Millennium thriller “Eliza Graves”.
4. “Carrie” director Kimberly Peirce will direct “The Brand”, based on Alessandro Camon’s script about ”the notorious Aryan Brotherhood prison gang. Despite seeing leaders consigned to solitary confinement in the most secure prisons, the gang still managed to control drug dealing, prostitution and other crimes in maximum security prisons, setting policy and ordering killings through secret communication modes that were akin to morse code.”
5. Wes Bentley, Vinessa Shaw, Haley Bennett, and Jason Isaacs have joined Saar Klein’s “Things People Do”, about a family man who loses his job and embarks on a life of crime.
6. A ‘special’ sneak peek of Disney’s “Planes” is online :
7. Toni Collette and Jean Reno will headline “Hector And The Search For Happiness”, a “romantic comedy feature directed by Peter Chelsom that follows a psychiatrist as he searches the globe for the definition of happiness”. The movie will also star ”Simon Pegg, who will play Hector, an eccentric London psychiatrist in crisis; Rosamund Pike; Stellan Skarsgård; Christopher Plummer; Desiree Zurowski; and Jakob Davies.”
8. “Game of Thrones” has been renewed for a fourth season.
9. Paramount has announced that “Transformers 4″ will film in China. “Paramount Pictures, China Movie Channel and Jiaflix Enterprises announced today that they have entered into a Cooperation Agreement regarding the production of “Transformers 4” in China. The Cooperation Agreement was signed on April 1, 2013 in Beijing and Los Angeles. Pursuant to the agreement, China Movie Channel, under the State Administration of Radio Film and Television (SARFT), will cooperate with Paramount in broad-based support of the production of the film in China. “Transformers 4” is expected to be released in China on or about June 27, 2014. The parties also intend to cooperate in a number of other areas related to “Transformers 4,” including the selection of filming sites within China, theatrical promotion, and possible post-production activities in China as well as casting of Chinese actors and actresses in the film. This agreement represents the first time that China Movie Channel will work with a western studio in the production of a major motion picture. ”
10. The Oz Government is offering Disney $22.5 million to shoot “20,000 Leagues Under the Sea” in the country.
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014
- Spielberg selects BFG‘s Sophie - December 16, 2014
- Mad Men alum joins Cameron Crowe series - December 16, 2014
- Heche, Riggle join Topher Grace musical - December 16, 2014