“Star Trek” star Zoe Saldana may be seeing green with her next movie role.
The actress, soon to reprise Uhura for “Star Trek Into Darkness”, is in negotiations to play Gamora in Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy” movie.
The Hollywood Reporter, the bean-spiller on the casting, says Salanda’s character is a “green-skinned humanoid who is the last of a species that was exterminated by a race known as the Badoon. She also happens to be a skilled assassin.”
The James Gunn directed superhero movie so far has “Parks & Recreation” star Chris Pratt, who is playing Star-Lord, and TV fighter-man Dave Bautista, who’s portraying Drax the Destroyer,onboard.
Saldana previously played someone with a rather peculiar colouring of skin in James Cameron’s “Avatar”.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014