1. “Weeds” actor Demian Bichir is to make his directorial debut on “Refugio”, which “tells the story of a young dreamer, born in the circus, who embarks on a search to find his long lost true love. An emotional journey from boyhood to manhood, from Mexico to the United States, the film is about hope, redemption and fate.”
2. Cinemax is making a series based on Max Allan Collins’ books “Quarry”, of which John Hillcoat (“Lawless”) will direct the pilot. “Quarry is set in the 1970s and centers on a Marine sniper who, upon his return home from Vietnam in 1973, finds himself shunned by those he loves and demonized by the public. Combat-hardened and disillusioned, he’s recruited into a network of contract killers and corruption spanning the length of the Mississippi River.”
3. If ABC axes “Happy Endings”, the USA Network may pick up the sitcom.
4. “Justified” star Timothy Olyphant has joined the cast of Shawn Levy’s “This is Where I Leave You”. Ben Schwartz has also been cast. “In the adaptation of the Jonathan Tropper novel, Olyphant plays Horry, the next-door neighbor of Fey’s character, Wendy. They had been madly in love as teenagers only to see their life together shattered by a tragic accident. She is now married to someone else and he lives with his mother as a result of his brain injury. Schwartz plays the local rabbi who tries to act much cooler than his job title suggests.”
5. Liam Hemsworth is the favourite to star in the film version of the short “The Raven” for director Ricardo de Montreuil. A June production start is being eyed.
6. Bella Heathcote (“Dark Shadows”), Margot Robbie (“Pan Am”) and Lily James (“Downton Abbey”) are vying for the lead in Kenneth Branagh’s “Cinderella”. Cate Blanchett is already attached.
7. “Twilight” director Catherine Hardwicke will helm an adaptation of “The Age of Miracles”, “a suspenseful and romantic snapshot of one young girl’s adolescence, a poignant family drama, and a heartrending glimpse into the everyday tragedies and triumphs that define what it is to be human in a world that might just be ending.”
8. Nicholas Hoult (“Warm Bodies”) has joined the cast of “Dark Places”. He will play a character named Lyle.
9. Sam Shepard is to star in History’s “Klondike” mini-series.
10. The trailer for “Purge” starring Ethan Hawke and Lena Headey is online.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.